Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This project focuses on a specific microbe and infectious disease.
Step 1: Understand your topic
- How much do you know about your topic?
- Do some background reading. Use the reference books in this guide.
Step 2: Now you can search
- Use keywords that specifically describe your topic.
- For example, if your infectious disease is whooping cough, you may also want to use pertussis, and in some resources bordetella.
- Find books, scholarly articles in databases, and credible websites using library resources.
Step 3: Put It All Together
- Begin putting together your paper, presentation, etc.
- You might need to repeat earlier steps to fill any information gaps.
- Write down what sources you use when you make your citation page.